Life can be unpredictable and some experiences can cause reactions we don’t fully understand. Counselling can offer the space and companionship to be able to look at those experiences, feelings and thoughts at your pace. I am able to offer you acceptance, empathy and a genuine presence that can assist you on your road to recovery and mental wellness.
Who comes to counselling?
This short list is to give an idea of difficulties that may lead someone to seek talking therapy.
It is by no means the only reasons people attend sessions and your reasons will be unique to you.
- Low mood or depression
- Anxiety; panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder, social
- Loss and bereavement
- Addiction; alcohol, drugs, money, sex, porn, internet
- Low self esteem/ self worth / confidence
- Abuse; sexual, emotional, physical
- Loss of relationship/ relationship issues
- Family issues
- Sexual issues/ confusion
- Physical ill health
- Eating disorders
- Experiential and spiritual questioning